Pages

Friday, September 13, 2013

No cheese

If you pay attention, you can learn several lessons every day just by living your normal life. The other day, I went to McDonalds and ordered a quarter pounder combo. Terribly unhealthy, but I hadn't really eaten all day, and I was hungry! I normally order my hamburgers without cheese, but because I felt too lazy to say the extra words,  I decided to just eat the cheese. After I drove away, I opened my sandwich and discovered that it was missing the cheese. I instantly felt irritated. I had paid for a sandwich with cheese on it, but they had cheated me out of my cheese! I took a sip of my root beer and frowned. It tasted more like Coke to me. I began mumbling to myself about the lousy service and my lack of cheese until I realized how ridiculous I was being. I had never wanted cheese; I was just going to eat it since it came with cheese. I chuckled and thanked God for getting me my sandwich just the way I like it. I turned up Michael Buble and happily drove home. When I got home, I realized that McDonalds had given me a double cheeseburger without cheese instead of the quarter pounder I had paid for. That made me upset again, but then I laughed and walked into the house. We need to realize how many mistakes we make each day and be gracious toward others when they make mistakes (especially if they are working frantically in a fast-food restaurant). Don't be so quick to complain. It's embarrassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment