Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Seeking Direction

The whole college planning thing has had me so stressed this year, with all the decisions, deadlines, and life-changing opportunities. Maybe you're going through the same thing or are already worrying about the time you will be going through the same thing. Let me tell you something: worrying has gotten me nothing but stress and backsliding in my relationship with Jesus. When I start to worry, my prayer life slows down or stops completely and I feel absolutely miserable. At different times this school year the pressure built up so much that I would say, "Here, Lord, please take this problem for me, and open the doors that lead me through the path you want me to follow." And that's when my stress would subside. Every time I ask God to handle it instead of me, He handles it very well. He provides the opportunities that I need, but when I try to handle it through my own strength, I fail miserably. So instead of stressing about everything, give it to God and focus on seeking Him. If you seek Him and focus your energy and attention on Him, He will take care of you and give you the very best. You may not agree with all of His decisions at first, but it usually doesn't take long to see the wisdom of His ways, and then you feel so thankful and relieved that you weren't handling it, because you probably would have botched everything up.

Proverbs 3:1-8 ESV (about success):

"1 My son, do not forget my teaching, but let your heart keep my commandments,
2 for length of days and years of life and peace they will add to you.
3 Let not steadfast love and faithfulness forsake you; bind them around your neck; write them on the tablet of your heart.
4 So you will find favor and good success in the sight of God and man.
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.
6 In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
7 Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD, and turn away from evil.
8 It will be healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones."

No comments:

Post a Comment