Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Fight for life!

One of my favorite battles to fight in is the battle for saving children's lives. I volunteer at my local crisis pregnancy center, and we had our annual fundraising banquet tonight. It was a night of victory. We had the largest attendance we've ever had for a fundraising banquet, and this year we've had 40% more abortion-prone girls choose life (I believe that was the statistic). Our center was able to do a live ultrasound for an Ohio House committee to promote the Heartbeat Bill, an important bill that, if passed, will make it illegal to have an abortion after a heartbeat is detected. A baby's heart begins to beat 18-21 days after fertilization, and most women don't even realize they're pregnant yet at that stage! This is such a crucial bill! I am strongly pro-life because God is; He created life. He loves every child, and He knows everything about each child before he is born.

Psalms 139:13-16 (ESV):

"13 For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them."

Are you pumped about life? Everybody's life? Ask God about volunteering for your local pro-life center; He wants all of His children to cherish the precious lives that He created. Don't volunteer because you think it's going to be really fun and exciting. It is fun and exciting to save lives if you have the right attitude, but don't be averse to small, seemingly unimportant jobs. When I volunteer, I clean, stuff envelopes, fold newsletters, sort donations, and do many other tedious jobs that seem so trivial at times. But remember that you are doing these things to save the directors' and staff members' time so that they can focus on bigger things, and time is often much more valuable than money. Volunteers are what makes ministries like this so effective, even though they and what they've done may never be known publicly. So look into volunteering, and if God is telling you to get involved, join the life-saving team quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment